Monday, January 12, 2009

Yarn Outlet and More Sewing


First I want to answer a few questions I got in the comments of my last post (I never really know where to answer those). No, I don't have an etsy shop right now (right now being the operative words here, muah ha ha). I was also asked if I used a pattern or tutorial for the zippered bags. Yes and no. I looked over a few tutorials and ended up mostly using this one with some modifications.

Ok, onto the yarn! This past weekend was one of the super duper rare ones that the husband had off of work so we did a bit of adventuring around. And since he's a sweetie pie part of that adventuring around involved yarn! Needlework Unlimited Outlet to be exact, it was my first time there and it was pretty cool. Everything in the store is at least 50% off and they even had a fair amount of vegan stuff. I ended up with 3 balls of this:



It's a discontinued 100% cotton yarn called Toccata Print from Lana Grossa. The colors are perfect, so gorgeous! I'm not sure what I'll make, but a scarf seems pretty likely, something lacy maybe?


And then there was sewing:




I made this cute little drawstring bag last night with some stash fabric. I love it and can't wait to make more, a bit bigger next time though so I can fit a sock in progress in it. I used this great tutorial from Happythings, you should check her blog out, she's got a bunch of cool sewing tutorials. Lining shot:



-

1 comment:

Julia O'C said...

If you ever set up an Etsy store, please let me know! I would absolutely purchase some of those little bags.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...