Thursday, February 12, 2009

FO: Red Scarf



Yes, I finally finished my donation scarf! I got the knitting done last night while watching my favorite hgtv shows (House Hunters and the like) and got the ends taken care of today while listening to the newest episode of Stash and Burn. If you haven't tuned in before or you don't remember the ever so exciting details about the scarf, I knit it for a donation the Red Scarf Project, they'll be collecting scarves at the Knit Out this weekend at the Mall of America. I used one skein of Caron Simply Soft in red and one skein of Caron Simply Soft Eco in a really nice blue. I used US size 7 needles and did a simple 2X2 rib stripe pattern. I really enjoyed making it but it took a while because I haven't had loads of uninterrupted knitting time lately. I had hoped to take a better picture of myself wearing it but I look like hell right now, I haven't had a chance to wash my face or brush my hair yet. I should probably do that after I finish this post!




-

2 comments:

Julia O'C said...

That is a very cool scarf! The college student who receives it is going to love it. What a nice thing for you to do for someone.

affectioknit said...

scarf love...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...