Friday, March 20, 2009

FOs: Baby Stuff!

Holy wow, I actually finished some stuff! There's a baby shower next week at my weekly knitting group so I whipped up some cuteness, I'm 99.99999% sure the recipient won't see this so I think it's safe to post. Of course I had to make a hat:



The yarn is Blue Sky Alpaca's Skinny Dyed Cotton which is 100% organic cotton dyed with low impact dyes. The colorway is called sprout and I got it free from that skein a month contest, it also came with this handy baby hat pattern! I added the little loop on top though, I thought it looked a little plain without it. I also made a bib:





Isn't it cute? I used the pattern from Chickpea Sewing Studio and it was great, very easy to sew and no pattern pieces to enlarge, gotta love that. I'm totally in love with this fabric, it's so cute and retro!

-

4 comments:

Margaret said...

The hat and bib look so sweet, I am sure they will be treasured.

nicolaknits said...

Sweet hat, I love it.

yoel said...

So cute! The space-age fabric is darling. And the little loop on top of the hat is pefect!

gleek said...

that bib is too cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...