Saturday, April 18, 2009

FO: Spring Shawl

Look at me with two FO posts in a row!





This shawl started out as kind of an experiment, I'd never knit a triangular shawl (or any shawl for that matter) and just wanted to play a bit. So I looked up how to make a basic triangle and pretty much did that, I increased one stitch on each end and on both sides of the center stitch. The yarn is Toccata Print, it's a 100% cotton that is sadly discontinued, I really love it though!





As much as I adore this shawl, it's going in my Etsy shop, August and the start of school is getting closer and closer (and the financial aid situation is looking pretty dismal) so I'm hoping she will find a nice home. What's really great about this basic shawl is the totally different ways you can wear it and that it looks just as cute with a summer tank and with a work appropriate blouse! Did I just use the word blouse? Hmmm.





The Spring Shawl would make a really nice Mothers Day gift too!

-

1 comment:

yoel said...

Cool how the colors pooled on this one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...