Thursday, April 09, 2009

Neopolitan

Look what came today, it's so gorgeous!!!:




If you're thinking, hmmm, that looks like spinning fiber, I didn't know Kala knew how to spin, well I don't. Not yet anyway! Because I clearly need another craft in my life, I'm going to try my hand at drop spindling. A lovely chica from my knitting group is going to have a quick and dirty drop spindle demo later this month and I'm very excited. I bought a spindle last summer from a cute shop up in Perham and have let it sit in my closet with three bags of fiber (bamboo, ingeo, and soysilk - all undyed) for almost a year. So of course I had to search around Etsy for more fiber! I figure even if I hate the drop spindle I can still use the fiber for those thrummed mitts like Grumperina made. The fiber is 100% bamboo and it's from Whimzy Pinzy, she also has vegan sock yarn, but not in any Kala colors right not. So check her shop out, she sent my order out really quickly and I love the stuff so I totally recommend her.



-

3 comments:

elizabeth said...

Ooooh, that looks gorgeous!! Very nice! Have fun, you'll have some wonderful yarn soon!

jessneal said...

I really love the colors of your fibers. I have just recently taught myself how to spin with the dorp spindle using youtube...I can't wait to see if you enjoy it too!

blindpurls said...

I'm not sure if you noticed but Whimzy Pinzy will custom due vegan sock yarn for you if you can't find any of the colourways on her site to your taste. I highly recommend her vegan yarns they are super fantastic sock yarns, one of the bases she uses is Panda Cotton, yum!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...