Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Saying Goodbye With Cupcakes




Yesterday was a special night at my Tuesday knitting group, we had a farewell party for one of the ladies who is leaving us and moving to Indiana. So of course we had to have a proper send off full of all sorts of delicious food! I pretty much always bring cupcakes, this time I brought my standard chocolate with chocolate frosting and I tried a new recipe for strawberry cupcakes from the book The Joy of Vegan Baking. I'm really happy with how they came out, they have a nice strawberry flavor throughout because of the puree in the batter:





And while I was baking and decorating I wore my awesome new Pirate Cupcake Apron that I bought from Dog Bone Art's Etsy shop:







And of course there had to be gifts! I got her a few things but I'll show the knitting part of the gift, I made 2 Minnesota Dish Cloths:





I like how they came out but as with all knit/purl designs it can be hard to tell what you're looking at if you're not told before hand what the design is :)


-

2 comments:

torrance said...

Oooh, the cupcakes look so yummy!

Lolly said...

I wanna be in your knitting group! :D

...just ordered the Vegan Cupcakes book - you have it? I am playing around with some vegan baking now. The hard thing is not loading up on too much sugar, even if it is from natural sources. I recently saw a recipe that called for 2 CUPS of maple syrup. I couldn't believe it. Tons of sugar but also TONS of $$ for that :P agave is a nice sub though, and not as high priced.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...