Wednesday, July 22, 2009

FO: Crazy Comfort Socks





Is it wrong that I just had a chocolate covered strawberry for breakfast? Ok, maybe I'll have something else later.... Hey, I finished something! I actually finished these socks a few days ago but I totally spaced blogging about them. They're from the basic sock pattern that I use (with a few little changes) from the book Getting Started Knitting Socks by Ann Budd. I've said it before but I'll say it again, if you're new to sock knitting or want to get into it, this is a must have book, I use it all the time for reference.



The yarn is Berroco Comfort Sock (50% nylon/50% acrylic) in the Cosmopolitan colorway. I really do like this yarn quite a bit, it's soft and easy to care for. After a few washings it's not quite as soft, but they don't get rough or anything. And I'm not gentle with them, I don't hand wash socks and the washer for our building doesn't know the meaning of "gentle cycle." I also through all socks in the dryer which of course doesn't have a low heat setting, but it works for me. Ok, I need to get dressed now, the post office calls!

-


5 comments:

Mary said...

Those are beautiful! I love the colors in that yarn! I've only made one sock, and it was club-footed. Maybe I ought to try your sock book.

yoel said...

Very cute! Like summery, fresh, watermelon. Yum!

affectioknit said...

Oh I love them!!!

nicolaknits said...

I've made some socks with the more muted shades of Berroco Comfort Sock. I can't remember how many stitches I cast on, but I found that they were a bit saggy when I wore them. What size needles did you use and how many stitches did you cast on? I use Ann Budd's basic sock pattern too.
Nicola
nicolaknitsATgmailDOTcom

torrance said...

very cute socks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...