Monday, July 13, 2009

Granny-tastic



I'm always looking for ways to use up leftover sock yarn and this is my newest project. It's the Granny's a Square Afghan designed by Allison Haas and it's a free pattern. It calls for worsted weight yarn but I'm going to use sock yarn and a smaller hook (D) and I think it'll work nicely. Of course, it might turn out totally hideous since I'll be using all sorts of crazy colors :) It's made up of three different size blocks, the smallest ones work up super fast, I have six done so far. I also worked up one medium block in some purple Maizy:


This will probably be a long term project unless I get really addicted and decide to buy yarn specifically for it, we shall see.
-

1 comment:

Mary said...

I love those stash-buster projects. I've been knitting random 6-inch squares for a few years; eventually I'll sew them together and have a blanket.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...