Thursday, July 23, 2009

Review: Knitscene Fall 2009

I've been dying to find a copy of the Fall issue of Knitscene since I first saw a preview on the Green Apples blog (great blog by the way, check it out if you haven't before.) I finally found it yesterday at Depth of Field and I'm pretty impressed with this issue. I'm totally making this (sorry for the tiny pics!):


Heather Hoodie Vest by Debbie O'Neil:




Isn't it super cute? It's a short sleeved cabled hoodie and I must have it! It would be a great layering piece and I can totally see myself wearing it this fall to school. So the yarn to make it counts as school supplies, right? Ha, but anyway, I'm thinking Berroco Comfort Chunky - I have a ball in red that I can swatch with but I haven't decided on the final sweater color yet.



I also love the Lace Twist Mitts by Debbie O'Neil (I didn't notice it was the same designer as the hoodie until right now, cool):






I don't know if they'll end up being for me or my mom, but they're very pretty.



The Crochet Bobble Beret by Robyn Chachula is also super cute, it's knit for the ribbing and then you crochet the rest:






And if I could pull off something this fitted, I would totally make the Carnaby Street Pullover by Melissa Wehrle:




I love how it fits the model and all the details but I wouldn't feel comfortable in something that tight, my tummy would not be happy! But it's so gorgeous...

-

1 comment:

Lolly said...

Oooh, Knitscene has been better than IK lately, in my opinion. These new designs are exciting. I am happy to see Melissa's design featured - she is a really nice person and she is so talented!

Thanks for commenting on my blog :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...