Thursday, August 20, 2009

Chocolate Zucchini Bread of Awesomeness and Joy




Yes, it's a long post title but this bread is worth it! Last Tuesday at knit night, one of the lovely ladies brought a loaf of chocolate zucchini bread that smelled and looked crazy good. It wasn't vegan but she pointed me toward the recipe (thanks Kelaine!) so I was able to make some for myself. The awesome recipe is from Pioneer Woman's Tasty Kitchen site and it was super easy to veganize, all I had to do was use some Ener-G instead of the eggs. And holy crap, this bread is sooo good, you all have to make some! It's also a great way to use up zucchini for those who garden or have friends who like to share their bounty. And for those who have never had zucchini bread, no it doesn't taste like zucchini :)








-

5 comments:

Kelaine said...

It looks wonderful, I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I think I am going to make a vegan peanut butter pie for Sunday. Please let me know if you don't eat peanut butter (as that would defeat the whole purpose!) :) We finished running week 3 today...whew! Week 4 looks a little scary.

DrChopSuey said...

Oohh! That looks delish!

BerlinBetty said...

That looks amazing! I love zucchini, so adding chocolate must be mind blowing! Must buy zucchini now.

nicolaknits said...

Aha, I have zucchini, and I have kids who will only eat it if it's hidden in something, so this looks like a good plan.

affectioknit said...

YUM!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...