Monday, August 03, 2009

Couch to 5K

Has everyone heard of the Couch to 5K program? It's basically a training program that gets you from where you are now to being able to run 3 miles on a regular basis in three months. I don't know about actual running, but being able to jog 3 miles would be pretty cool. I started today, I did my first workout at the gym and it wasn't too bag, definitely challenging but I didn't feel like i was going to die or anything :) If anyone is interested, there's also a Couch to 5K group on Ravelry for support. Is anyone else doing this or thinking about giving it a try?

-

6 comments:

Buster said...

I did this a couple of summers ago and I really enjoyed it. The podcasts are great because you can just zone out and do what the cues tell you instead of trying to keep track on your own. I haven't run in a while, but I think I'll start this program again. Thanks for reminding me!

Kelaine said...

So strange...I am running day 2 of Week 1 today! I think we are going to run a Halloween 5k at Como Lake if you want to join us!
I agree, the podcasts are really helpful.
Good luck!

Lauri said...

It worked for me...I was completely shocked at being able to run for more than 30 seconds, let alone 20 minutes! Of course, it was more of a light jog, but still, it was a major accomplishment for me.

weeseaweed said...

5k is a great distance to start working towards!

you should definitely aim to be signed up for a race as close to the end of the course as possible (hallowe'en could be perfect), because it gives you an official time for all the hard work you've put in - and you'll be pleasantly surprised!

go for it!

Mary said...

Good luck! Stick with it. I go through running phases. Lately I've preferred to just take my dogs on extra-long walks.

DrChopSuey said...

This looks interesting... I might start up with you (I'll be a week off) But I'll let you know. Good luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...