Tuesday, August 11, 2009

FO: His and Hers Hedgehogs!




Yay, I finally get to share my little knitted hedgehogs! I made these for a certain lady's wedding present because she's a hedgehog mamma so of course she needs some knit ones (someone else made some super cute crocheted ones for her as well).





The pattern is from Little Cotton Rabbits (here's the Rav link) and it's great, very clever and easy to knit using small amounts of yarn. They were fun to make too, not too many little fiddly bits that you can sometimes have with knit toys. Plus, a portion of the money from the patten sales go to the British Hedgehog Preseravation Society, gotta love that! For the dark part of the body, I used some Tatamy Tweed Worsted and for the face I used Dreambaby DK and a small bit of Panda Cotton for the nose. And of course the lady hedgie had to have a little button sewn on the side :)





C25K update: Shane and I did the first day of week 2 today and my legs and hips are soooore!

-

4 comments:

cseneque said...

They're the cutest!

Mary said...

Oh my gosh, those are adorable! I might make some. Maybe with crazy colors. Nice job, and thanks for the link!

Maya, Mieko and Hana's Mom said...

Awwww. They're perfect. Good job.

affectioknit said...

So Cute!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...