Monday, August 24, 2009

Yarntasting




Have you ever been to a yarntasting? Ever heard of one? Well, I went to one last night! A couple of ladies from my knitting group organized a sampling of yarn from Artfibers - basically you sign up, find a bunch of people to come, and they send you a ton of samples for swatching and fondling. Fun! And yes, there was a nice selection of vegan yarn, yay! There was also a shocking amount of vegan food including an awesome peanut butter pie and a yummy couscous dish. My favorite yarn that I played around with was Zoe, a shiny and pretty yarn that comes in some gorgeous colors, I might just have to order some of that...



Here's a pic of me knitting that one of the organizers posted:








I don't know if you can tell from how I'm holding the yarn in this picture, but apparently I knit very differently from most people, a couple of people say that they can really tell that I crocheted before I knit from the way I hold the needles. Anyway, more pics:












-

5 comments:

Nettie said...

Thanks for this! My knit group is planning one of these and we had been wondering about the yarn amounts. You guys had a ton! Looks like fun.

weeseaweed said...

looks like Fun! how many people in your knitting group?

VeganCraftastic said...

It varies from week to week, we meet every Tuesday at a local yarn store. I think there were at least 20 people at the yarntasting though.

Mary said...

Oh my goodness, that makes me drool. I love fondling yarn. I can't figure out what you're doing in that picture: are you casting on, or do you hold your needles way up at the ends when you knit? I don't have proper knitting form either, but as long as you're making stuff and you enjoy it, there's no right or wrong way to hold the needles!

VeganCraftastic said...

Mary, yeah, I kind of hold both needles up when I'm knitting. That really is one of the cool things about knitting, there are so many little variations and ways of doing it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...