Sunday, September 27, 2009

FO: Forest Canopy Shawl


Whoa, I finished something!





This has been in progress for quite a while but it's finally done, blocked, and photographed! The pattern is the Forest Canopy Shawl and it's awesome, very well written, great for beginners, and includes both charts and written directions (so nice for me since I hate charts with a passion). I used one skein of South West Trading Company's Bamboo in the Purplexed colorway that I bought from someone destashing on Ravelry - so this shawl ended up costing me $4, sweet! The yarn is really nice, it's the second generation of this line of yarn, the old stuff was much more scratchy, but the newer stuff is so soft and drapey.









I really love purple and think I'll actually wear this little shawl in the fall :)



-

6 comments:

affectioknit said...

It's gorgeous - I love the purple!!!

Heather said...

Your shawl is beautiful Kala- What a pretty color!

Mary said...

Gorgeous! You're going to get so many compliments as you wear that around. That site looks like it has lots of great lace patterns!

nicolaknits said...

Beautiful!

Lovliebutterfly said...

What a magnificent shawl! I love the colour, perfect for this season!

DrChopSuey said...

Wow - your shawl is beautiful and the color looks amazing on you! Great job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...