Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!!!

race2

Yay, Happy Halloween everyone! I hope everyone is having a spooktacular day, my Halloween has been awesome so far. This morning, Shane and I ran the Monster Dash 5K in Minneapolis, so much fun! If you're a regular reader, you know that my husband and I did the Couch to 5K program to train for this race, what better goal than a fun costumed race on Halloween? Since this is Minnesota it was pretty cold but I warmed up pretty quickly once we started running. It was great seeing everyone's costumes, there were a lot of creative people out today! I went as a black cat (and yes, there were tons of other black cats in the race) and my husband went as a ninja (although his ninja mask came off a few minutes into the race :)

race3

Overall, the race was awesome and I'd totally do it again! Oh, and the scariest part of the whole thing? Port-o-potties!!!

Have an awesome Halloween everyone :)!!!!!!

-Kala

3 comments:

yoel said...

Hooray for reaching your running goals! And for dressing up! Love the little kitty ears :)

weeseaweed said...

congratulations on completing your first race! it looks like it was a lovely day for a run... great bear-band mod for the cat ears!

Mary said...

Congratulations!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...