Friday, October 09, 2009

The One Where I Talk About Running

So, I finished the Couch to 5K program this week! I'm super proud of myself and my husband, neither of us is really known for sticking to any sort of regular exercise routine for very long. It's been a fun and challenging nine weeks and I'm looking forward to maintaining the stamina I've built up over the course of the program. Yesterday was our first run after the program and we ran 5.15K in 39 minutes and 30 seconds, I don't know if that's average or super slow though :)



It always amazes me when I'm able to do something so physical, I know this is true for a lot of people who used to be very overweight, but I sometimes still think of myself that way and think that I must have the same physical limitations I used to have. In high school I got to my top weight, about 265 pounds and was about as out of shape as possible. As soon as I graduated I started to work to lose the weight, I had a treadmill in my room and I walked at least 5 times a week. Eventually, I lost the weight and now live in the 135 - 140 pound range.



But now I'm a runner! I might not be a very fast runner, but I'm a runner :) I'm really looking forward to the 5K on Halloween, I'm not 100% sure what my costume will be, I'm thinking black cat though - I can wear my black running pants and black zip up running top and then crochet some ears, probably a variation of my bear headband. I'll probably do some nose and whisker makeup too and maybe some black fingerless mitts, good thing those are so quick to make!



-

4 comments:

Trinity said...

Congratulations! That is awesome. Paul and I made it through week 6 before the rain and cold came in and I wimped out. I think we are joining the gym, so I might start back up on the indoor track. Way to go, to both of you!

weeseaweed said...

congratulations! good job on completing your programme - i hope you enjoy the run.

don't worry about times, just about having a good one.

knitpanda said...

Congratulations! I've been reading your blog for a while and have been inspired by your progress on the running (and of course by your knitting/crocheting too!). so much so that I finally decided to try the c25k program myself last week. I've hated running for all my life, but your posts make me hopeful:)

knitpanda on Ravelry

nicolaknits said...

Well done - my son and I have two weeks to go. I hope we have the motivation to keep it up though :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...