Thursday, October 29, 2009

Try Handmade




If you're following me on Twitter or are friends with me on Facebook then you've already heard this :) But I'm excited so I'm sharing here too! My Skull Pins are on the front page of Try Handmade right now! If you haven't heard of Try Handmade, it's a site that showcases handmade goods and hopes to encourage people to spend their money on handmade items rather than mass produced stuff. Cool, eh? It's an idea that I love, I'm trying to make a switch to buying handmade whenever possible and Etsy is great for that, to me there's nothing better than supporting people like me who are working hard to support themselves and their families with their creative talent.

So here's a question for you dear readers, what's the last handmade thing you've bought. One of the latest things I purchased on Etsy is this awesome Zombie Knitting bookmark - love it!

-Kala

4 comments:

karen said...

Haha! The last thing I bought was a retro kitty bag from your shop this am!

weird! :)

VeganCraftastic said...

Funny!

Erica said...

those are awesome.

:)

cheri allen said...

The last things I bought handmade were a honey dipper and little wooden scoop from a rad old guy at a craft fair last weekend. Oh, I also bought arnica cream there. I'm happy when I can buy handmade for more than just cute accessories.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...