Thursday, November 12, 2009

On the Needles




I'm finding it a bit harder these days to find a moment to knit, but I do have something on the needles! These are a second pair of blueberry waffle socks, although since they're sort of orange, I think they should be called pumpkin waffle socks. I love this pattern, it's easy without being tedious and makes such a comfy fabric for house socks. I'm using 2 skeins of Berroco's Comfort DK in filbert and I really like this yarn, very soft and not at all splitty.



And don't you just love my Ms. Pacman stitch marker! I know I talked about it before on the blog, but for those who missed it I bought it from Scary Merry on Etsy, she has so many cute stitch markers! And as you can also see from the pic, I do actually use bags like those I sell in my Etsy shop, perfect for socks :) Anyway, I have one sock done and I'm a bit less than halfway down the cuff on the second one, my goal is to have them done this week, we'll see how that goes. The other pair I made in purple was for my mom, but these babies are mine!





-Kala

12 comments:

BlenderBach said...

I never find the time to crochet, either - I'm still working on the blanket I started in '04!

cute socks :)

Alix said...

omg, loooove the stitch marker!

TheFrogBag said...

Pumpkin waffle socks... Now that is a band name if I ever heard one!

Karen said...

Those are amazing... My knitting skills leave something to be desired :)

~Karen
aka http://handmademoon.blogspot.com
http://moonandsundries.etsy.com

M.M.E. said...

So cool! I never got past the scarves.

Mary said...

Very pretty! I just learned how to make socks. Thanks for recommendation on pattern and yarn. I think I'll try making those!

weeseaweed said...

great socks and stitch marker! they're flying off your needles, too! i like that colour...

affectioknit said...

Oh - I think I prefer the pumpkin waffles to the blueberry ones...

They're lovely!

torrance said...

Nice! And I love the pictures :)

BerlinBetty said...

You are very productive! The socks look great, I really love that color. I myself have done no knitting in weeks. I do have some new yarn and more on the way and hopefully that'll tickle my knitting mojo into action.

cindi said...

time is def at a premium these days. lovely socks! beautiful stitching. :)

Lolly said...

Great socks! they look super comfy and squishy. Hope they keep your feet nice and toasty :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...