Saturday, November 07, 2009

Wedding Music

I really had no intention of blogging tonight but it's too early for me to sleep so here I am! My husband has a cold (no worries, it's just a little cold, no icky flu here) so he's sound asleep. Since we have a such a wee apartment, there isn't much I can do and not wake him up so I'm settling for sitting in the living room with the laptop and ipod :)


Here's me in my wedding dress! And yes, I wore my glasses!

wedding


But back to the point of the post! While listening to random stuff on my ipod I came across the playlist of music we played at our wedding. For those who don't know, Shane and I got married in June of 2008, we had a small ceremony at home with only our closest peeps. My best friends are brother and sister, two people I've known for well over 20 years. Anyway, the day of the wedding the brother, Ted, asked what music I'd be playing and I just sort of looked at him, panicked. Music? Oh crap I never picked music, how did that happen? I didn't do the whole walk down the aisle thing (I don't think I could have gotten through that with a straight face) so we didn't have to worry about music for that, we were mostly concerned about what to play after the ceremony while people were stuffing their faces with food. So of course, ipod and my ever so fabulous Ted to the rescue! I picked most of the songs but he definitely had some input and choices to throw in (Scissor Sisters anyone?) and I thought it would be fun to share the playlist here :)

-Funny Little Frog - Belle and Sebastian

-Bohemian Like You - The Dandy Warhols

-Head On - The Jesus and Mary Chain

-I Gotta Move - The Kinks

-Bucky Done Gun - M.I.A

-The More You Ignore Me The Closer I Get - Morrissey

-Heartbreak Stroll - The Raveonettes

-Silver Lining - Rilo Kiley

-So Alive - Ryan Adams

-Ask - The Smiths

-Damn This Foolish Heart - Stellastarr*

-You're Pretty Good Looking (For a Girl) - The White Stripes

-Spread Your Love - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

-Last Day of Magic - The Kills

-The Yeah Yeah Yeah Song - The Flaming Lips

-Lovers in the Backseat - Scissor Sisters


Ok, so maybe it's not what most people play at their wedding, but it was very us. Well, really, it was very me. Yeah, Shane didn't actually pick anything to play, he left that to me and Ted :) Which is fine because I had some songs that HAD to be played, like the Morrissey song (the only man whose name I would ever have tattooed on my body) and the Smiths song, which is pretty much my theme song. So what songs have special meaning to you?

-Kala

5 comments:

Linda said...

Congrats!

factorygirlashli said...

Congrats! I walked down the aisle at my wedding to "The Blowers Daughter" (well.. like the first 30 seconds of it) so now whenever I hear it, I think of that special moment. It was a great/fitting song. Husband was crying buckets!

weeseaweed said...

we also had a teeny wedding (only immediate family). it was at a registry office, though, and they had an aisle thing going on, so we did it together. having a generally disorganised wedding, we just put on that cirque du soleil beatles remix we were digging at the time. it's appropriately named LOVE.

TheFrogBag said...

Congrats, a little late! I never had to worry about music at my wedding since we got married at the court house, but if we had I would have insisted on that particular Smiths song too! Cool post!

Shrimp Salad Circus said...

I looove "Funny Little Frog" and "Silver Lining." It sounds like your wedding was the perfect level of low-key lovely.

Congratulations!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...