Friday, January 29, 2010

Apple butter, banana pudding, and cow hugging

First, apple butter:




I got a jar of awesome homemade apple butter from a friend for Christmas and I finally broke into it last night. I was waiting to make some pumpkin bread but I was always missing one ingredient so I decided to just give in and give it a taste. Holy wow, it's so good! Canning is magic to me since I don't know how to do it, and I'm in awe of people who do it. It's like pottery, since I can't do it, I think it's the coolest thing ever :) Anyway, this morning/afternoon I had an English muffin topped with peanut butter and a nice slather of apple butter, delicious!

And last night I made banana pudding for my husband, I used the recipe that Teresa from Affectioknit posted on her blog a little bit ago:





It's insanely easy and super yummy, and I don't even usually like banana things too much! It'll be a nice treat for the hubby when he gets home from work, thanks for sharing, Teresa!

And finally, cow hugging! I finally stuck my Cow Hugger sticker from Herbivore onto my sewing machine last night:




Cute, right?

-Kala

7 comments:

weeseaweed said...

seriously cute, i love that herbivore graphic! peanut and apple butters together sound dreamy...

by the way, i gave you an award on my blog last night but didn't get around to telling you!

affectioknit said...

What could be better than apple butter, banana pudding and cow hugging?

Penny said...

I love that cow sticker!
I made apple sauce recently, with left over apples and agave nectar, and it was meant to be kept in the fridge, but it was finished before I got the chance to store it away! Now I'll need to make more to have on peanut butter!

cseneque said...

Oh I love the cowhugger! I have a green T-shirt with that design on it, and it always makes me happy. And apple butter sounds awesome :)

Megan said...

Amazing, I have a horrible craving for apple butter now! <3 Thanks for sharing!

Kelley said...

That apple butter looks soooo delicious!

Gremlina said...

oooh. i've got some apple butter in the fridge & some warm biscuits sure would be divine!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...