Sunday, January 24, 2010

A bit of knitting in the morning


A great way to start the day, before my hair is brushed or my face is washed, I like to get at least a few rows of knitting in :


Tucked under a quilt I made years ago, I worked on the very beginnings of a sweater for my husband. He's been wanting a Cobblestone Pullover for a looong time and I finally bought the yarn and cast on last night :) I got an excellent deal on the yarn, about $65 worth of Tatamy Tweed Worsted for $20 plus shipping from someone who was destashing on Ravelry!

In other news, I finished the first sock of my second pair of Soybeans!:



I'm loving how the pattern looks in this colorway!


-Kala

8 comments:

azknitter said...

Looks like the perfect way to start your day to me!!! I love your quilt ~ you made it???

VeganCraftastic said...

Thanks! I did indeed make the quilt, I was big time into quilting for years before I started knitting, I probably still would be if we had a bigger apartment :)

Maggie's Raggedy Inn said...

I also like to start the day knitting and end it as well.. it is so relaxing... your quilt is beautiful!!!

Megan said...

Looks so comfy! I wish I could quilt! <3

Mami Made It said...

Have a nice day! The socks are beautiful!

weeseaweed said...

dude, i've admired that quilt in some of your other photos, and i'm so impressed that you made it yourself! you're genius-crafty is what you are, kala!

you're also tearing up that soybean!

affectioknit said...

I love that colourway too!

Nina said...

wow- that sock is AMAZING! I really can't knit so this is blowing my mind!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...