Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Cookies and Sneakers

First, cookies!



Cookies from a mix! I've never made cookies from in a mix in my entire life, but I wanted to try this gluten free mix from Bob's Red Mill so there so you. First warning, do not, I repeat DO NOT taste the dough before you bake it, trust me! One of the main ingredients is garbanzo bean flour which I think tastes like pure evil before it's baked. I made the mistake of tasting the dough and almost tossed the whole mess in the trash. Luckily I didn't though because they are super yummy once baked! For sure not as good as totally homemade cookies, but good in a pinch :)


And now for sneakers:




I can't even tell you how much I love this fabric, it's so awesome! This kind of shoe has been my favorite since about 4th grade and I've had them in tons of different colors over they years so when I saw this fabric I knew it had to be mine. This project bag is in my Etsy shop right now and it's only a matter of time before I make one for myself :)


-Kala

8 comments:

Pattie said...

WHY!!! I'm so hungry right now (blast you college life)

Emma said...

We use chickpea flour quite often, but for a flatbread called socca, which is savory. Never thought it would work in cookies, hmmm!

affectioknit said...

The cookies do sound good - and now that I can make besan - I know what you're talking about...

Love the sneaker bag too!

Penny said...

I LOVE that fabric! I have a few pairs of shoes like that, too, though I sometimes worry that people will think I'm strange, given my advanced years! :o)
I used to use chick pea(garbanzo) flour as an egg replacer in pancakes etc., before packet egg replacer became available. You're right! It's pretty yucky stuff! Makes good pakora, though! Unfortunately we don't get Bob's Red Mill stuff over here (Scotland)...

cabin + cub said...

Mmm.. they look so yummy! I am craving a cookie now.

weeseaweed said...

mmm, pakora! penny, you're so cool with your advance-year sneaker-wearing! if anyone's interested, the ones i blogged about here haven't fallen apart like their predecessors, so i'm now recommending them as a non-nike alternative. plus they're FSC-certified, so they don't destroy forests. rock on!

if you ever fancy sending any bob's red mill to scotland, you know it'll be in safe hands...

Kate and Oli said...

AHHH!! I love that fabric! I love my chucks :) and those cookies look fab :)

BriskKnits said...

yay that you have a blog; now you have another follower.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...