Sunday, January 17, 2010

Help for Haiti on Ravelry


Ravelry is awesome for many reasons, but the latest bit of awesome is that they have set up a special program for designers to donate all or a portion of their pattern sales to help with aid to Haiti. Patterns that are part of this program are tagged "Help for Haiti" - here's a link. I only have one pattern for sale (most of mine are freebies) and that's my Nesting pattern. From now until February 1st, 2010 100% of the sales from this pattern on Ravelry will be donated to Doctors Without Borders. The pattern is super cute (if I may so myself!) and is a great way to use up little bits of extra sock yarn - for $5 you get instructions for nests, birds, and eggs in various sizes, here's some pics:







So please, if you've ever thought about purchasing this pattern, now is the absolute best time, I've already made a personal donation to Doctors Without Borders but I'd love to contribute more and you can help me do that!


There are many many designers pitching in to help, Ysolda has raised a ton of money so far (her last update on Twitter was $4.688), and I loooover her patterns. So go take a look through the patterns tagged "Help For Haiti" if you're a member of Ravelry and see what patterns you can purchase, every little bit helps!


-Kala

6 comments:

Hannah said...

Love the cause- and the pattern! Brilliant, in so many ways. :)

cabin + cub said...

What a great cause! I will have to check it out. ;)

weeseaweed said...

you're a good woman, kala. well done for signing up to this.

gumbygoogoo said...

Thank you for pitching in, Kala! Your generousity is helping a needy cause. Knitters rule.

Cathy said...

I was digging through my stash last night gathering several crazy yarns to use for the nest. I knew I kept these yarns for a reason!!

Then I'll be digging into my CPY sock yarn leftovers for the birds and eggs. Can't wait to get started!!

-Cathy (etownknitter on Ravelry)

WorstedKnitt said...

What a lovely pattern, and a great way to give for Haiti. Thanks for doing this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...