Saturday, January 16, 2010

Knitscene Winter/Spring 2010, a wee review

So on a fabric stash enhancement trip to Crafty Planet yesterday, I saw that the new issue of Knitscene is out! I didn't buy it, only because I didn't see it until I'd already finished paying for everything. Knitscene is usually one of my favorite knitting mags, I love the fun, whimsical spirit it has :) Here are some of my favorite projects from this issue:


Ninebark Cowl from the Berroco Design Team. I sort of go back and forth on this, at first I thought the pattern was for just the cowl, but it's a whole cowl necked sweater thing and I think I might love it. Or not, like I said, I go back and forth :)




Geodesic Cardigan by Connie Chang Chinchio. This is really lovely but I don't think I'd ever actually knit it, mostly because it's knit in lace weight!





Heartigan Cardigan by Katie Himmelberg, so cute! Although I might leave off the heart elbow patches.





There are also three beautiful shawls in this issue, if I had to choose a favorite I think I'd go with the Emily Shawl by Mandy Moore:





So what do you guys like from this issue?


-Kala

6 comments:

weeseaweed said...

loving that geodesic cardi! a laceweight cardigan would be so lovely to wear...

i like the ninebark cowl, except i think it probably looks exponentially good on the waif-like model than it would on me, so don't fancy investing my knitting time into it!

why didn't you buy it Anyway?

BerlinBetty said...

I love Knitscene! That's my favorite knitting magazine. The shawls are beautiful, but nothing else really screamed at me. Might have to run up to the store and get an up close and personal look at the patterns.

VeganCraftastic said...

I didn't buy it because I'm lame :) But it's easy enough to find so I'll get my hands on a copy soon!

cseneque said...

Ooh I love Knitscene.
Loving the Heartigan, despite the cringeworthy modelling, and I like the Tudor Henley too.

weeseaweed said...

tudor henley? yum! yep, you've sold me. now i just need to find it... clearly not as easy here as where you are, kala.

JFibers said...

Like the cowl but not so much the vest... the Henley is great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...