Sunday, January 03, 2010

A New Year, a New Knitalong!

Happy 2010 everyone! With the arrival of a new year, I thought it was a perfect time to do another kal on the Vegan Sock KAL! For those who don't know, I started the Vegan Sock KAL, first as a blog and later as a Ravelry group as a gathering place for everyone interested in knitting socks in vegan fibers. We've had several fun knitalongs so far where we've all knit the same pattern, but this time the theme is a specific designer, Christabel Seneque, vegan designer extraordinaire! I love her stuff and she has four awesome designs to pick from. So if you'd like to join along, just post in the Ravelry group or on the blog and let me know what pattern you'll be knitting. And of course there will be prizes, because prizes are awesome!

Prize 1. An awesome Kitchener reminder tag from Karat Stix on Etsy, as mentioned in my last blog post. I love mine so much that I had to buy one for a prize for you guys!


Prize 2. Winner will also receive any one item from my Etsy shop, Vegancraftastic!


Knitalong is running from now to the end of February to give everyone a chance to gather yarn and whatnot. And of course, you don't have to be vegan to join, you just have to knit the socks in a vegan yarn :) Here's what I'm knitting for the KAL, the Soybean Socks:






So join join join, you know you want to :)


-Kala

3 comments:

uzmanamator said...

Lovely

Penny said...

Hi, Kala! I just linked to your blog through your comment on Be My Playground?'s. I'm very glad I've found it and will be returning! I love the socks you're knitting and that keyring reminder looks so useful! I'll be popping over to that shop!
I'm cosyevenings on Ravelry.

cabin + cub said...

Oh, I wish I could knit along... my knitting skills are horrible though... I can only knit squares and rectangles. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...