Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Progress and a Wee Sweater

First, the wee sweater:




It was a pressie from a certain tall blond friend who made a bunch of them for her New Years party. Husband and I couldn't go because of his poopie work schedule but she brought me the ornament last night at knit night and I love it! And she even made it in cotton yarn :)


Check out the progress on my Soybean Socks for the knitalong, I have one done!




I started the second one last night and have just started the lace repeats on the leg, these are coming along super fast!

-Kala

6 comments:

ANA said...

Very nice sock! I haven't tackled socks yet, but I should probably get around to it.

affectioknit said...

Cute sweater! Sock too!

weeseaweed said...

that's ridiculously fast sock knitting from you, kala! and how cute is the sweater? does your tall blonde friend have a pattern to distribute?

JFibers said...

Hey from the tall blonde...
The pattern that I used is from Berroco and is called Minutia...
Here's a link:
http://www.berroco.com/exclusives/minutia/minutia.html

Kala's is a bit modified as the cotton that I had (MIssion Falls) didn't fit the gauge but since I knit so many this holiday season, I just improvised. Kala and her silly veganness... hee hee. Love ya K!

Mary said...

Adorable! I love that idea. Maybe for next year...

Your socks are looking great! I decided to try to make my first pair. I'm going to start with the training sock pattern on knitty, and then move into a real pair. I made one sock in a class, but it's been too long and I forget how it's supposed to go... I wish I had a knit night around these parts.

jelly said...

what a cute wee sweater.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...