Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Baby Bonanza



Last night at the usual knit night I go to, there was a baby shower! So of course there was lots of food, lots of presents, and lots of fun. I made my standard chocolate cupcakes and they went over very well :) And one awesome lady even made some vegan muffins - super yummy - thanks Aubree!

Since I wasn't sure I'd have time to knit much for my friend's baby, I decided to do some sewing and embroidering. I picked up some organic cotton onesies and some super cute patterns from Urban Threads and Sublime Stitching and came up with these:










I also sewed some sock monkey pjs from Amy Butler's Little Stitches:


The pjs were, well, let's just say challenging :) I'm not really a garment sewer so I'm easily confused by garment patterns, especially when there aren't many diagrams or pictures. But it was well worth it, I think they came out super cute!

-Kala

11 comments:

rachel said...

What a sweet little bundle of gifts! Embroidery was a great idea instead of knitting. Everything you made looks fantastic!

Natasha said...

These are adorable...I love them all I can't even choose a favorite LOL

benconservato said...

I love the kitten with the ball of wool, very sweet!

JFibers said...

Wow! Love your stuff. Wish I could have been there... stupid conferences! Hope to see you soon.

Maya, Mieko and Hana's Mom said...

I had no idea you made the pj's too. They looked store perfect, but definitely with more style. The embroidery was awesome too. You are so talented.

cseneque said...

Super cute indeed!
I am totally in love with those PJs!

weeseaweed said...

dude, they rock! you've got skillz.

affectioknit said...

Those are so sweet - the PJs are adorable!

Aubree said...

yay! i'm so glad you liked the muffins! :-) everything came out great--I think katie was really surprised!

Mary said...

Those onesies are THE CUTEST. You are so talented! And the pajamas! I'll bet the mom-to-be appreciated your thoughtful, handmade gifts. You're really making me want to learn how to sew...

Hannah said...

Ah, too adorable, I just love the kitty embroidery!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...