Tuesday, February 23, 2010

FO: Purple Pirate Liesl!

I finished my main Ravelympics project last night:



It's Liesl! I really like how it came out, I can't wait for spring so I can wear it out with my spring dresses (note to self: get more spring dresses). For now, I can wear it over a long sleeved tee or turtleneck and it looks pretty snazzy (yup, snazzy!)




The pattern was great, very easy to follow with a lovely layout, I totally recommend it. I did the 38" bust size and after some really aggressive blocking it fits nicely. I actually blocked it twice, the first time vertically and then horizontally and that seems to work with this yarn. The yarn in question is Knit Picks Comfy Bulky and it was great to work with, very soft and easy of the hands. The colorway is Blackberry and from the website, it looks like they're discontinuing it, too bad because it's a great dark purple! I'm also in love with the buttons I used:




For locals, these great buttons are from either Treadle or Borealis, they sell them at both places but I don't remember where I bought them, it was a while ago.


The only real change I made to the pattern was in the sleeves. I didn't want either long sleeves or lacey cap sleeves so I just did 5 rounds of stockinette after picking up the armpit stitches. I bound off with the k2tog bindoff and that made for a finished but stretchy edge. Anyway, yay for finishing!


-Kala

9 comments:

customdesigns4ubynan said...

good for you. I like to see etsians using etsy for their supplies. Pretty color, looks well made.

affectioknit said...

That is just AWESOME!

Mary said...

Beautiful! I love the color, and the buttons are perfect! Great job finishing early--there's whole lot of Olympics left!

zimme345 said...

I hope you are wearing this to Knit Night!

yoel said...

So cute! The color suits you so well, and the fit is grrrrreat! (say like a pirate, not tony the tiger)

Aileen said...

That IS a great purple and those buttons are brilliant! Looks lovely on you :)

cseneque said...

YAHOO! I'm so excited that you finished early. Your Liesl rocks!

Hannah said...

Beyond awesome! I never have the patience for large projects like clothing, and if I ever give it a shot, it always turns out the wrong size. Kudos for making something so perfect!

weeseaweed said...

hey, that looks great! i'm just off to favourite it in rav...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...