Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Ravelympics and a favor!

See my Ravelympics progress:

Liesl progress


For those not in the know, the Ravelympics is a knitting/crochet/spinning challenge that happens during the time of the Olympics. Basically, you choose a project or several projects that would be a challenge to finish in that time period, cast on during the opening ceremonies, and finish before the Olympics end. I'm knitting Liesl, a super cute sweater by Ysolda in some Knit Picks Comfy Bulky in dark purple (it's darker in real life, the picture lies!). Also, I'm at least 3 or 4 inches further along since I took this pic, the combo of huge needles (US 10.5) and bulky yarn is making for speedy knitting! Anyone else taking the Olympic challenge?

And now a favor. My adorable friend Kelaine is entered into a wedding contest where you vote for the best proposal story and I'd love if you could read it and send her some more votes :) Her story is at the bottom of the post, #6, Kelaine and Paul, it's a really cute story so be sure to read it! Thanks so much!

-Kala

4 comments:

zimme345 said...

Kala! You are too sweet. Thanks for the plug. See you tonight!

Emma said...

I've had Liesl in my queue for ages, hoping to do it in taupe cotton-ease. I just found a deal on some and brought it home yesterday. But I dunno if I will take it on for the ravelympics....it's tempting though.

weeseaweed said...

ok, voted. now, that liesl... seriously, how fast are you?!

affectioknit said...

I love the purple and that pattern - I voted - such a cute story!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...