Monday, March 29, 2010

Baby Rings

I'm starting a massive cleanup and clean out of the apartment today (we're once again looking for a new place to call home) and I came across something cool that I wanted to share: baby rings. In my culture, it's tradition for newborns to be given rings to wear, usually silver and turquoise, here are the ones that once fit my wee baby fingers:

babyrings1


Of course, the babies don't wear them all the time, just for a bit and then they're tucked away as keepsakes. I have mine in a special place and if Shane and I decide to have a baby, he or she will get to wear them too! Yeah, for like five seconds, and then they'll be put away for safe keeping ;)

-Kala

6 comments:

affectioknit said...

That's such a sweet tradition...

JFibers said...

"....if Shane and I decide to have a baby"... this is my most favorite phrase to date! Hee hee

weeseaweed said...

cute tradition, but moving again? yuk! i bet you've got so much more stuff now than when you moved in, too. in spite of trying not to accumulate!

Gina said...

Those are heartbreakingly cute!

Creative Minds said...

those rings are super cute

Dani said...

SO cute! I'd never have thought of that. Well, I say that, but I know if I had a baby girl, I'd want to spiffy her up every time we went out, and jewelry surely would come to mind. :P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...