Wednesday, March 10, 2010

New yarn you say?

New yarn is always exciting, and for vegans, the Spring lines are the most exciting of all! I thought I'd share some of the new goodies I can't wait to get my hands on :)

Berroco Weekend:



Weekend is an acrylic cotton blend that come in some really vibrant colors, I can see a nice Spring cardigan out of this stuff.


Speaking of Berroco, one of my all time favorite yarns, Comfort is out in 12 new heathered shades! Heathered yarns can be rare in the vegan world, so these are very very welcome (and gorgeous!)


In the realm of big box craft stores, there's a new player in the world of vegan sock yarn, Serenity Garden from Premier yarns. And this one has Debra Norville on the label which makes it hilarious :) As an early birthday prezzie for myself, I picked up 2 skeins each of the Roses and Hibiscus colorways. Oh, and this is a totally synthetic sock yarn and is priced comparably to Berroco Comfort Sock.



So what new yarns are you guys excited about trying?

-Kala

4 comments:

affectioknit said...

Awesome yarns - I need to get some more Comfort Sock - and I'll have to look for the Serenity one too...

Mary said...

That weekend yarn sounds awesome! I love my LYS, but they don't carry many vegan yarns. I've quit using silk, but I do still buy wool, especially from some of the local spinners who keep their own goats...don't hate me! I'm getting into cotton lately, it's so soft!

Gina said...

Wow! Look at the nummy colors of that Berroco Weekend! If that stuff is as soft as the Cotton Ease I'm always pimpin', it may become a new favorite. It will be the answer to the lack of colors in the Cotton Ease.

D said...

thanks for posting these - i'm going to try them all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...