Thursday, April 15, 2010

But I Want It Now!


Note: The title of this post MUST be read in an annoying Veruca Salt like voice :) But anyway, this post is all about things that are coming out soon that I can't wait to get my grubby little hands on!


This one has been on my Amazon wish list for quite a while, it's New England Knits: Timeless Knitwear With a Modern Twist by Melissa LaBarre and Cecily Glowik MacDonald. I love Melissa's designs and know that this is going to be a great book, I was hoping it would have been out for my b-day in March but ah well :)



Next is Knitting Mochimochi by Anna Hrachovec of Mochimochi land fame and awesomeness, can't wait!



In the world of food, I'm very much looking forward to Quick and Easy Vegan Celebrations by Alicia C. Simpson. I have her first book, Vegan Comfort Food and everything I've made from it has been beyond awesome!



And finally, I'm very much looking forward to the next installment in the Sookie Stackhouse series, Dead in the Family. These books are really good brain candy :)




So what new stuff are you guys looking forward too?


-Kala

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

After paying my taxes, ee, I'm going to put a hold on Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Slayer! (or I may have the title a bit wrong) at my local liabrary. It's by one of the writers involved in the Pride and Prejudice and Zombies! books). A silly serious take on the president's secret diaries about slaying vampires.

I'll definitely have to take a peek at that knitting book. =) Happy spring,

norseland

VeganCraftastic said...

I've seen that book around, I'm thinking about checking it out too!

affectioknit said...

That gold sweater looks lovely!

Monique said...

I just ordered two new crochet books off Amazon yesterday and can't wait to get them. "Crochet Me: Designs to Fuel the Crochet Revolution" by Kim Werker and "Blueprint Crochet: Modern Designs for the Visual Crocheter"
by Robyn Chachula. I follow Robyn's blog, so I'm excited about that one.

Kala: I take trips south to the twin cities every now and then for work -- next time I'm there perhaps I could talk you into meeting me for a latte and a knitting lesson?

VeganCraftastic said...

Monique: just let me know when you're in town and we'll see if we can meet up someplace :) There's a lovely little coffee shop next to Borealis yarns....

Mary said...

I also cannot wait for the Mochimochi book! That cookbook looks really useful, too, thanks for the heads up!

Hannah said...

So many new books to look forward to! Seriously, there are more than I can name... but it's a bummer that it will take so much more time for them to show up at my local library.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...