Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Contest: Boys of Summer Socks!

Look, a finished pair of socks!

Boys of Summer Socks


I really love how these came out, especially the fun bit of colorwork on the heel. I designed the Boys of Summer Socks for my husband, he loves handknit socks and I love making them for him :) The pattern is available on Ravelry right now, thanks to my awesome test knitters! I used Panda Cotton (big surprise, right!) in Jet Black and Blueberries Grapes for this pair. I'm still deciding what colors to use for a pair for myself.

Boys of Summer Socks



To celebrate the release of the pattern, I'm giving away two pdfs of this pattern to my readers! To enter, leave a comment telling me what colors you would knit these socks in and leave me your Ravelry name or email address (youATwhereverDOTcom). If you blog, facebook, or tweet about this contest, let me know in a separate comment for extra entries. Contest is open until this Saturday, May 8, 2010. Good luck everyone!



-Kala

23 comments:

oonagh said...

honestly?? i love the colors you used.....neutral, with a splash of really pretty color!!

though a purple version would be awesome also......

-oonaghfibersmyth on ravelry

Amy said...

Nice. i would make these in gray/red for my man for the holidays.

InJuneau said...

Ooo, prob. something green with an accent of black or blue.

InJuneau on Ravelry

Anonymous said...

I would make them in brown and pink for me, or black and gray for my hubby. These are great sox!

Laura (Donovans4 on Ravelry)

Chris said...

How about forest green with heathery brown accents?!?

TeresTala on Ravelry

JFibers said...

I'm gonna win this one for sure! Variegated lime green and black.. for me.

JFibers said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
emily10 said...

Fun! I need more hand-knit summer socks. I bet these would look good in Muir Woods (green-brown) and Ivory.

emily10 (Ravelry)

Katie said...

ah, 'twould be handspun for me! probably a dark green base with purple for the colorwork.

katie.e.carlson@gmail.com!

peacefullyknitting.com said...

Such an awesome pattern Kala! I would love to make a pair in gray and brown.

peacefullyknitting.com said...

Oh forgot ... I tweeted and put on my Facebook Page - http://www.facebook.com/Peacefullyknittinginarizona

rachel said...

This is a great pattern! I think these would look great in tonal neutrals, or maybe dark grey and navy for my dad.

goldneys96 said...

I would love to do these in a lovely dark green with oatmeal tan for the colorwork, although the reverse colors would be great too!!

affectioknit said...

Those socks are AWESOME! I think I would do red and white...

knittygirl said...

I would use the same colors you did cuz I love them!:-)

Shirley said...

I liked your choice too. But purple and black would be nice. (Is your first name really Kala?)

cabin + cub said...

These are great! Love the name o gave them too!

Kathy said...

It would have to be solid grey with a bright red or blue!!! - Knit Night Kathy!

kelley said...

grey/pink for me :)

kelley said...

ooh sorry forgot my rav name is kelleygraves

i posted just above this with the grey/pink entry

jdhforjc said...

Hi, I would have to say the same colors, I am a purple girl! Love, love, love it!
knit-frog-knit on Ravelry

Jan L said...

This pattern is really adorable. I'd love to try it myself using black with pink/purple colors. It would be a first for me "the great vanilla sock knitter."

Patricia said...

So cute! I would def make them for me cause my guy has STILL not worn the pair of socks I made him (finished the 2nd one during Ravelympics). I think I would make them in brown with natural undyed for the colorwork. Or green with natural...or both!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...