Sunday, May 23, 2010

FO: Mendocino Dress

I made a dress! This is my very first sewn dress and I'm pretty darn happy with how it came out:


Mendocino Dress

The pattern is both free and awesome, it's the Mendocino Dress from Heather Ross. This dress has been 90% done for a while but I've been dragging my feet on the whole hem thing. The disturbingly humid weather finally motivated me to get this little number done and I'm glad I can finally wear it! It's a strapless dress which is weird for me, but I think I'll get used to it. I got the pretty purple (looks better in person!) fabric from Treadle Yard Goods on sale, I got all of the fabric and elastic thread for the dress for under $20, gotta love it! The dress itself was actually really easy to sew, the top bit with the elastic thread took forever and a day, but it was super easy. I'll leave you all with this dorky pic:


Mendocino Dress


-Kala

13 comments:

cseneque said...

Super cute, yay!

Gleeza said...

Lovely dress!

Katarzyna said...

Beautiful!!!

Kelley said...

It looks cute! Great job!

JFibers said...

You look so cute... I like the dorky pic best!

affectioknit said...

It's adorable and purple! YAY!

Patricia said...

So lovely! I really have been thinking of this but the elastic top has stopped me thus far...

I really love the color and pattern of the fabric too!

Anonymous said...

Very cute! You are so photogenic :)
--norseland

vanessa said...

cute!

thanks for the great pattern source, it even has pockets! i have been wanting to learn that elastic thread trick.

April said...

I love this dress and you look great in it ♥

yoel said...

Very cute! That's a great fabric and really suits you!

Jennette said...

I love it! Nice work. I might have to try this pattern...

Leeanne said...

Love your dress, great style and lovely colour.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...