Tuesday, June 15, 2010

FO: Tissue Sweater



From the name "Tissue Sweater" don't you imagine a lovely handknit tissue weight sweater with lots of drape? Well, think again! I wanted a quick and cute little project to work on this weekend so I looked through my Ravely queue and decided on the Sweater for Purse Sized Tissue Packets by kmkat.


Yes, it's a little silly to knit a cozy for tissues, but if you have allergies then you know that tissues are a constant companion and it's nice to have something pretty! This first one will probably go to my mom as a birthday or Christmas gift and I'll likely make more since they're a great way to use up sock yarn leftovers. And I have a few leftovers that need using up:


So what are your go-to quick gift giving knits/crochets?

-Kala

10 comments:

Stunning said...

All I can knit is lopsided scarves --- you Tissue Sweater is fantastic!

Veganosaurus said...

Such a cute idea!! :)

maureencracknell said...

I love that, what a great idea! I have made fabric tissue holders for my kids for school.

My quick knit for gift giving is always a scarf in ribbed stitch. That is the easiest and fastest knit for me, especially if I use large needles.

Happy knitting!!!

Anonymous said...

I envisioned a sweater made from yarn made of paper tissues. Sort of like the crocheted plastic bag projects :)

Patricia said...

Really cute! That colorway looks like a seatbelt cozy I made for my car (Blue Molly) years ago. Mittens and scarves are my go-to quicker knits. Which still take me (a very pokey knitter) eons...

ebeepaperie said...

That is really cutee!

JFibers said...

Ahhhh... you shouldn't have! Is that cute little tissue cover for the tissues you'll need when I move away??!!!?!?!? P.S. You may need a bigger box!

T @ Poppy Place said...

That is very cute and I love all the colours you have too :) T.

Melissa said...

That's a lovely idea, your tissue cozy looks wonderful.

Worsted Knitt said...

That's a lovely idea and FO!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...