Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Knit 1, Run 5

I know I haven't talked much about running lately, but the husband and I are still at it, although it still kind of blows my mind that I really enjoy running. After starting up again after the evil that is Winter, we had just enough time to get ready for the Grand Old Day 5K in Saint Paul. And this was a very special run because a bunch of my friends from my knitting group were running (and walking) too! And of course, we had to have team shirts, right? Aren't they cute:





I almost didn't get one, but thanks to my friend (even if she flings shoes at me) - the tall blond that has a talent for losing blog contests- I got to proudly wear my Knit (1) Run (5) shirt, thanks Jen! The run itself wasn't too bad, it was a little hot and the food stall smells were really gross to have to run through, but Shane and I managed to run the whole way so I'm happy :) Of course, we were the most awesome team out there, we even had the fabulous La Crumpet drop spindling while she walked the 5K, what other team can say that, huh? I wish I had more pictures to share, but I didn't bring my camera, although I know pictures were taken and it's only a matter of time before they start showing up.

The day was capped off by a celebratory bbq at the home of Kathy and her magic running shorts (they really are magic, she was the first girl in our group to finish the race). Shane and I had grilled veggie burgers and we brought some blood orange soda and ice pops (there were a fair amount of kids there so I thought ice pops might be fun). By the way, do you guys call them popsicles, ice pops or something else? My husband and I were talking about this the other day and I'm curious :)

-Kala

12 comments:

Stunning said...

Love your blog.

Love that you and the hub are into fitness... bf and I are doing that now too.

Love your team shirts - did the hub wear one?

Found you in the forums and am now following you!

VeganCraftastic said...

Stunning - thanks so much! Hubs didn't wear one, he's pretty fussy about running shirts, he'll only wear wicking ones :)

Salad For Breakfast said...

Winter ruins everything doesn't it! i'm hoping to get back into running again as well. Need to start training for the marathon next year eek!

esque said...

Boah, those are totally cute shirts! I'm no runner (except very short distances) but I admire anyone that can do marathons like that!

QUiD said...

What a fun shirt!

Oh! And I'm a Popsicle girl all the way! :)

gibknitty said...

My hub and I are runners too. LOVE that shirt! Great idea.

prettylittlethieves said...

cute team shirt! i call them popsicles...which sounds like a great idea right now.

T @ Poppy Place said...

Nice shirts, have fun running, boy do I miss that :) T.

Patricia said...

Congrats on your run! Ok--around here icepops are the things that come in the long plastic tubes and you squeeze up from the bottom. Popsicles have a wooden stick that you hold at the bottom. We say both ways depending on what it is.

Rachel said...

Great team shirt!

elineof said...

Congratulations on finishing the run! I love the t-shirt as I am a runner and a knitter!

weeseaweed said...

yay for running! it's funny that shane's a running shirt snob - j's the exact opposite and it's a bit gross. he's been running for years in the same pair of stinky football (soccer) shorts, and i only managed to get him to buy a new pair when he ran his second half-marathon. literally, his first pair of running shorts in about 10 years of running. yuk!

i've been away but now i'm back and i call them ice lollies...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...