Thursday, June 03, 2010

New Pattern: BBQ Ribs!

Yay, I just released my new sock pattern, BBQ Ribs!





These socks were inspired by the name of the colorway I used - BBQ Sauce. Yes, it's dorky but that's why I love them! And I knit not one, but TWO complete pairs of them ;) See, I really can finish socks, ha ha!




I'm so thankful and appreciative to all of my awesome test knitters on Ravelry who made this pattern possible, yay for testers! These top down socks are super easy to knit, several of my testers were very new to socks and were able to knit lovely socks using my pattern. The yarn used is Crystal Palace's Panda Cotton - 2 skeins. Let me know what you think! Also, for those not on Ravelry, the pattern is also available in my Etsy shop.

-Kala

12 comments:

geschichtenvonkat said...

the bbq sauce color is beautiful and i like the checkered ribbing on the socks too! i want to be able to knit socks so badly which is one of my goals for this coming winter.

Gina said...

Those are really cute!

Sidenote: I hope you're getting my replies to your comments via email. I answer you, but they don't show in my blog...

JFibers said...

Yippie for TWO socks!!!

Melissa said...

I think your socks are appropriately named. The first socks, the red ones, color reminds me of the color of bbq sauce.

Patricia said...

They look so comfy! Love both colorways too!

Hannah said...

Beautiful stitchery and great choice of colors! I have never actually knit socks, but you're certainly tempting me to try...

Rachel said...

This is a really cute pattern!

Anonymous said...

Ya know, I've really gotten quite comfortable and really enjoy knitting socks. I love these patterns. New bookmark added! :)

Winklepots said...

Those are super cute! Awesome job! :o)

gibknitty said...

nice sox! when you get a chance check out my latest post (6/7). there's something there for you.

Tecrin said...

Hi,
found your blog through the blog comment train on Ravelry! That colour is awesome, and the name, brilliant! It's yarns like that that make me wish my go-to yarn shop would stock more fun stuff other than the normal yarns.

MayaB said...

Wow!!! Your very first sock pattern, and such a lovely result! Congratualtion! Hope a lot of people want to try your pattern.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...