Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Red Hot Progress




While I was working on my last two pairs of socks, I was about as monogamous with my projects as I've ever been. And after all of that, I needed to break out and start a side project! I did a quick stash dive and came out with some gorgeous red bamboo that I got in a swap and decided to cast on for an easy drop stitch scarf. The pattern is my own and it's free on Crystal Palace's site, it's called the Panda Cotton Drop Stitch Scarf. In my mind though, it will always be called the Seascape Scarf, which was my original title for it, but of course yarn companies can change titles at will so it got switched to what it is now, ah well :) Oh and here's the Ravelry link for the pattern. I'm just going to keep knitting until both balls of yarn are gone, so I'm about halfway done right now. I think this will be a gift for mom, maybe for Christmas :) So what do you guys cast on for when you need to cheat on your main project a bit?
-Kala

7 comments:

Estylo Jewelry said...

I'm sure your mom will love this scarf! Beautiful color

T @ Poppy Place said...

That is such a gorgeous colour and a great shot :) T.

Cathy said...

I love that pattern!! That was a fun scarf to knit. And I knit it using Panda Cotton Seascape, so mine truly is a Seascape scarf!!

It also made for good car trip knitting (I was not the one driving!) because the pattern is easy to memorize.

It looks really pretty in red!

Melissa said...

That's a lovely scarf and such a pretty color too.

Sweet Harvey said...

Beautiful stitching and WOW to that amazing color red!

affectioknit said...

Very pretty! I love the red - everyone needs a red scarf...

cabin + cub said...

oh i love this colour! and i love your comment about being "monogamous" to your projects... i must admit i am all over the map when it comes to working on projects!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...