Saturday, June 19, 2010

Yard Sales - made of awesome!

One of my absolute favorite things about Summer are yard sales, ever since I was a wee girl I enjoyed sifting through junk looking for treasures. Of course, many days I'll come away empty handed but every once in a while I find something awesome. Or awesomely creepy as my husband calls today's find:




He came from a sale in Roseville, a couple was moving and getting rid of lots of stuff they picked up on their travels to Peru and Mexico. There were tons of handmade paper mache shrines and dolls, but this guy was my favorite. And at $2 I really couldn't resist :) I also snagged a Fire King bowl for 50 cents that I'm going to enjoy eating homemade ice cream out of! Lucky for me, my husband enjoys yard sales too, but then so did my dad so maybe I shouldn't assume that most men hate that kind of thing, hmmmm.


Anyone had any good yard sale finds lately?


-Kala

7 comments:

lolo said...

I love it! It is really cute. You are a lucky girl.

Hugs*
Lolo :-)

Carla said...

Oh that's adorable! I need to start looking around at the yard sales around here

Melanie said...

Cute!! I haven't been to a yard sale in ages. I keep meaning to go, but I never have $ on me at the time I find one...

Come enter my give-away, it's another Etsy seller. :)

The Knitwit Knitter said...

LOVE yard sales!!! My husband use to hate them but after he made a great find once, he is now hooked!! lol Sorry, but I have to agree, that pig is a little creepy. :)

Sara said...

Precious!

gibknitty said...

i love yard sales. they are not really yard sales in nyc, but inside-apartment sales and communal flea market things. i snagged a nice bowl and a set of espresso mugs at a sale last year. my husband doesn't get the same kick out of sifting through other people's junk, but he tolerates it and comes with me sometimes.

oh yeah, and that pig is creepy good.

StephCat said...

I think it's cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...