Sunday, August 29, 2010

Minnesota State Fair - Part One!


















Yesterday Shane and I went to the Minnesota state fair, one of my favorite events of the season! The fair is always full of eats (yes, even for vegans!), people, and things to see - and this year I'm going to break down my trip into a few blog posts. Today is all about a part of the fair that I like to look at but not really participate in, the midway. I've been playing around with Picnik a bit and I'm really loving that program, so of course I had to vintage-out my fair ride pics, I think it gives them that cool vintage postcard look :)






















































So what rides do you guys like at the fair?  P.S.  - stay tuned for my next fair post which will be all about the knitting, crafting, and canning!

-kala

12 comments:

Jennifer said...

I haven't been to a fair in years! I used to love the tea cup sort of ride and the ferris wheel which is weird because I hate heights!

Your pictures are beautiful. Nice job!

TheFrogBag said...

I love the photos! I'm too frightened to go on any of the rides, but I love wandering around the midway. I haven't been in years but now I want to go!

jen said...

Your photos remind me of cotton candy and Cracker Jacks. :)

Carla said...

Oh that looks so fun ;;
I haven't been to a fair in forever! I would get on the ferris wheel and a ride called the 'Ring of Fire'.

Jamie said...

Gorgeous photos - I love the effects you used!

Lisa said...

We were at the fair yesterday, too! We walked until our feet wouldn't take us any farther. So many fun things to see (and eat :-)). Looking forward to your next posts!

cseneque said...

Nice pics! I love Picnik :)

♥Kate♥ said...

Love the pictures! I just posted some of our little fair on my blog.

claire said...

wow!
Thise pictures are gorgeous!!!

Rachel said...

Love the vintage look of your photos! So pretty!

Hannah said...

Really lovely photos- Loving that vintage effect! Instant nostalgia. :)

JFibers said...

Thank GOD! I thought you were dead. You hadn't posted in so long... Can you feel my relief? Love the pics! You need to submit your knitting next year and be a winner like the rest of us! Hugs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...