Monday, August 23, 2010

Pleasing the Mojo Gods

In an attempt to win back the favor of the knitting mojo gods, I cast on for some simple vanilla socks last night before True Blood:



















This summer has just been waaaay too hot and humid and has sucked away most of my knitting mojo.  But I'm hoping that some nice soothing stockinette will get me back on track!  I'm really loving this colorway of Panda Cotton, it's called Bastille and looks much nicer knit up than it does in the skein.

-kala

9 comments:

Jamie said...

Socks look great, just the thing to get the mojo going

meredith said...

gorgeous yarn!

i agree, the heat does trip up the mojo...but you gotta persevere for the love of knitting!!

Rachel said...

Those colors are fantastic : )

JFibers said...

will you knit on my socks on tuesday so that i too can get my mojo back?

Jacklyn said...

tell me about it..after cooking all day, the heat really brings me down and makes me lazy. i don't know how to knit but i do crochet..haven't done that in a month or so : /
love the colors of your yarn, by the way

ColorSlut said...

Hot weather really does take down the knitting mojo. Glad to see you are getting it back!

Veganosaurus said...

Beautiful colors Kala! Socks look like they're coming along really nicely. :)

cseneque said...

Those colours really are great! I also love the look of 2x2 rib; very comforting.

Like Peter Design said...

Cute socks! I only knit in the Fall and Winter, it's the only time I feel motivated! Also I loooove True Blood too! :)

xo~tamara
http://likepeterdesign.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...