Saturday, August 21, 2010

Possibility and Inspiration

There's something about playing around or just looking at art/craft supplies that's super inspiring to me. Maybe it's the endless possibilities that raw materials represent (or maybe it's just the purty shiny pretties) but when I'm feeling less than inspired it usually helps to dig through my stuff a bit. Today, it was beads:



















Playing around with the beads got me thinking about stitch markers and then I felt like sewing, so after a long walk around the neighborhood I sewed this little cutie:
























It's the Chubby Bird project bag and I really need to make one for myself, the fabric is so adorable! So what gets you guys inspired when you're in a bit of a slump?

-kala

8 comments:

LollisTrinkets said...

I so know what you mean about raw materials! I can't go into a craft store without at least once seeing something and thinking how I wouldn't mind trying to learn it, whether I actually take it up or not.

I do similar things as you. Sometimes it's not always that I look through my materials, but I will look at people who make similar items to me. I don't copy by any means, but it helps get my cranks rolling to new directions!

Carla said...

I usually walk around my block a few times, then look at other people's craft rooms in various flickr pools. Or sometimes I'll take a brief nap, to let my brain recharge =3

Worsted Knitt said...

I usually go and lay in my bed, but not the way I sleep in there, rather across the bed. There I watch my white ceiling and let my thoughts wander. After a while I get a good idea, or just bored, get up and do my thing :)

Sarah B. said...

Cute bag! What inspires me is looking through all of my paper :)

Kristen said...

I often have to force myself to get inspired, but I just make myself look at things in different perspectives and it usually works really well.

Hannah said...

Ack, love that fabric- So cute!

When I'm feeling stuck, I always get inspired by browsing the blogosphere. So many creative people and interesting ideas out there!

Cassie - Vegan Fox said...

It is inspiring, but getting started can be so intimidating! I, also, feel inspired by other people's art and craftiness. Like you, for example ;)

O. said...

love that fabric

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...