Friday, August 06, 2010

Vegan Chocolate Strawberry Muffin Cake

So delicious:


Last night I did a bit of baking! This cake was the first thing I baked from scratch in the new place :) Since we have a ton of strawberries in the fridge, I decided to go with the Strawberry Love Muffins from the book My Sweet Vegan by Hannah Kaminksy (of the blog Bittersweet). Since the muffin tins aren't unpacked yet, I baked them in a square pan - one I usually use for cornbread - instead. They came out really yummy, the only changes I made to the recipe were that I subbed a bit of whole wheat pastry flour for the ap flour and added chocolate chips. Because apparently I have to add chocolate to everything :) My Sweet Vegan is an awesome book, I bought it right away when it came out because I love Hannah's blog, so many great recipes! The Mini Icebox Cheesecake recipe alone is worth the price of the book, it's AMAZING. So what are some of your go-to baking books?

-Kala

9 comments:

affectioknit said...

It looks scrumptious!

Southern Belle said...

Oh my, that looks YUMMY

Randi said...

That look soooo good. Now I need dinner.

M.M.E. said...

Those look really good! I'm not vegan but I may just have to try them!

Jamie said...

Yum!

Eco-Friendly Freckles said...

Oooh, that looks divine!

Congratulations! You have been awarded with the "I Love Your Blog" award...and I also love your heart for nature! You can check it out on my blog:

http://ecofriendlyfreckles.blogspot.com/

Chelsea said...

This looks and sounds so delicious!

JFibers said...

you will be happy to know that i actually made dinner last night as opposed to heating dinner... aren't you proud of me?

aquariann said...

Yummy!! The picture alone is making my tummy growl. And hurray for adding chocolate to everything!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...