Sunday, September 26, 2010

Date Day

Since the mister doesn't get every weekend off and has been stuck working lots of overtime lately, I thought we should do something a little different on Saturday.  So we took a little trip over to Stillwater and visited Aamodts Apple Farm!  I've never been to an apple orchard before and since it's officially Fall, I thought it was great timing.  We started the day with a walk through the trees, here's a picture of me wearing the Cobblestone Pullover I knit a few years ago:



Here's Shane and I being cute :)



We didn't pick apples (can't say that appealed to me) so we did our shopping in the big store full of all sorts of apples, apple products, and other yummy delights.  We left with Honeycrisps, Galas, and local made popcorn.  On the way out we also got a bag of kettle corn and some apple cider to share.  Perfect Fall fun! 



For dinner, I put on a dress and we head out to one of our favorite restaurants, Everest on Grand.  We shared momos (think delicious veggie dumplings) and had curry galore.  He got the jackfruit curry and I got the chickpea curry, so yummy!  If you're local and haven't been to Everest on Grand in Saint Paul, you REALLY need to go!  Now!  :)

So what did you guys do this weekend?

-kala

3 comments:

JFibers said...

Gosh lady! YOU'RE famous! Did you see how many comments you got on that soap giveaway???? 159! Holy crap you're awesome!

urban muser said...

looks like you had a nice time. that dinner sounds great!

Debbie said...

Oh momos and curry. Be still my beating heart. I am hungry now. And I did manage to get some knitting in.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...