Sunday, September 12, 2010

Finished Socks and a Tattoo

First, I finished my socks:

















These simple vanilla socks were knit using 2 skeins of Panda Cotton in the Bastille colorway.  This colorway was a nice surprise, I thought it was actually pretty ugly in the skein but it knits up beautifully, isn't it nice when that happens?  It's a lot better than the opposite, the evil enchanting yarn that looks so snazzy and tempting in the skein and then pools in a hideous pattern when it's knit up.  The pattern is the basic 7 stitches per inch sock from the book Getting Started Knitting Socks by Ann Budd, I know I've talked about this book before but I have to say it again, if you're looking to get into sock knitting, this book is a great resource! 

Also, check out my tattoo:



Yup, it's a butterfly,what do you think?  Ok, ok, it's fake!  Did I fool you for even a second?  I got this little guy out of a 50 cent machine outside of a store and though it would be fun :)  I used to love temporary tattoos when I was a kid so I couldn't resist!

-kala

15 comments:

cseneque said...

I totally thought it was real! I have too short an attention span to get a tatt--I'm afraid I'd just end up with something I'd be sick of a month later!

yeevon said...

lolz! I can't really tell it is a fake or real one if you haven't told me!

Alycia (The Curious Pug) said...

you did fool me for a sec lol! cute though :)

treewool said...

Great socks! And yes, I thought the tattoo was real for a split second.

Jacklyn said...

Love the socks! Very cool color! I am currently crocheting a scraf..still need to learn how to knit..I wonder if they are somewhat similar?
And the tattoo doesn't look fake..fooled me for a second : ]

Flan said...

I thought "and you didn't tell us yesterday?!" Nice fake tatt.

Kim said...

Socks are great. Tattoo is actually pretty but I prefer the fake kind over the real kind... :) Had me fooled!

Hannah said...

Haha, you go me for a minute there! It's cute though. ;)

JFibers said...

I almost peed my pants!!!! You can't do this kind of thing to me at 11:16 pm on a school night. It's just not fair... gets me all worked up. NOW how am I supposed to get to sleep? I should call you and bother you just to make it even.

Rachel said...

The socks look great, I like the bright colors!

affectioknit said...

Cute socks and cute tat! Temporary is definitely the way to go...

Kendra said...

Really cute socks! I love the colors :)

Debbie said...

Cute sock! That book was my "sock knitting bible" when I started knitting socks.

Andrea said...

Looks great! And love the socks! I got a sea turtle tatt recently and was up & down about it for a while, now it's just a part of me:) p.s. I just started a craft blog, please check it out! I'd love input: andreashobbies.blogspot.com Thanks!

GiGi said...

Now I'm wondering if the socks are real too ;) They are adorable and dig the fakey tatt too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...