Thursday, September 09, 2010

Hurry Up, My Feet Are Cold!

I'd make quite a bit of progress on my socks, see:
















The weather here in Minnesota has made a nice turn toward Fall, and just in time because those hot and humid days were absolutely killing my knitting mojo!  But with crisp weather comes the need for handknit socks, so I've been knitting away whenever I get the chance (which unfortunately isn't often enough).  Hopefully they'll be done soon though, it's usually pretty quick once I get past the gusset.  So what are you guys working on, getting ready for Fall and Winter yet?

p.s.  You have to check out this really funny back to school post from my friend's blog In.The.Round, it's hilarious!

-kala

12 comments:

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

Your socks are gorgeous I just finished a capelet for a friend and working on a wee tiny sock for a fairy tale swap but next month is my birthday so I have alot of ideas for birthday knitting I love the Fall:)Hugs Darcy

Sara said...

Those are lovely! I've recently started knitting (4 days ago lol) and I've been searching for a pattern to knit some socks with - may I ask where you got yours from? x

VeganCraftastic said...

Sara - I use the basic 7 stitches per inch pattern from Getting Started Knitting Socks by Ann Budd - it's a great book for beginners!

Jamie said...

I am in no way ready for fall, but those socks are amazing.

Jen said...

Those socks look cozy! I'm definitely ready for fall. It's so hard to craft in summer. Now that the weather is cooling off, I'm diving back into crochet scarves and hats and populating my new blog with pretty things.

suddenexpression said...

Those socks look great! And almost done! The weather here has been fall for a bit already. Our leaves are already starting to turn. My next project is my winter hat for the year :)

ColorSlut said...

You are so close with the socks. Hope you finish them up soon!

affectioknit said...

I love those bright socks and that was a funny freshman letter! Have a great weekend!

ana said...

ah! love the colors. i have never attempted socks. they scare me a bit. yours are looking amazing :D

SOiNTOiT said...

I have a drawer full of socks just like this...I'm so fortunate to have a mom that is a fanatic knitter...socks from mom, all is well with the world!

Patricia said...

Pretty!

Sara said...

Thank you! I'll be getting that from my library on the weekend :) x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...