Sunday, September 05, 2010

Minnesota State Fair - Part 2!

Our first stop at the fair is almost always the Creative Activities building, I'm lucky that my husband is cool with checking out all the knitting, crochet, sewing, canning, baking, and other artsy crafty things :)  I have yet to enter anything at the state fair but a lot of my friends did, so it was a lot of fun to pick out knits that I recognized in the glass case.  Here are just a few pictures from this year's batch of Creative Activities:













Have any of you guys entered stuff at your county or state fairs before?

-kala

8 comments:

affectioknit said...

State Fairs are the best!

Thea said...

No, I haven't, but I've been a judge at a state fair for a knitting competition though. That was pretty stressful :)

I always love the textile building too - lots of wonderful stuff!

Melissa said...

No, I haven't, I have gone to some of the local festivals here that showoff some knitting and spinning.

MayaB said...

I haven't heard about county/state fairs before, but here in London there is a lot of different fairs, and I've attended a few of them with my yarn stall. Looked like it was a lovely fair you went to, with lots and lots of goodies to have a look at.

Ellen said...

I love looking at the textile competitions - its so inspiring. Never entered anything myself though. Thanks for the pictures!

JFibers said...

I see how it is.... show all your real friends' work but not my blue ribbon winner!!! Some friend you are! Big hugs to you....

Rachel said...

I love the display of knitted items!

StephCat said...

I've wanted to but never have - unfortunately the LA county fair is the local fair I'd have to enter things at, and it's a pain to get to!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...