Thursday, September 23, 2010

Rainy Days


It's been raining almost constantly for two days here, usually I HATE rain but for some reason I'm almost (almost!) enjoying it.  Maybe because in this apartment we don't have to be worried about flooding and water seepage at every bit of rain, or maybe because this summer was so brutal and humid that anything cooler is welcome.  Whatever the reason, I'm ok with this bit of gloom.  At least for now :)

I'd like to say that I've spent this rainy day curled up with some hot cocoa and knitting, but that hasn't quite happened yet. This morning I went on a very wet and short run with the husband, we're getting ready for a 5K so we really want to take any opportunity to run that we can. I have to say that the worse part of running in the rain is wet glasses, I couldn't see so I had to take them off so then everything was blurry...no fun. The rest of the day has been filled with work (sewing and such) and housework (dishes, laundry, vacuuming...) But I hope tonight I'll have some time to relax and work on the sock I have on the needles. Speaking of which, I have the first one done and a teeny bit of ribbing knit on the second sock:



So what do you guys like to do on rainy days?

-kala

12 comments:

Shrimp Salad Circus said...

This makes me want to start knitting again, but I'm afraid I've forgotten how... I've got a scarf on my needles from over a year ago!

Evie's Tool Emporium said...

I spent the day in the rain! Running errands and walking Evie! Glad to be in for the night-safe and dry!

Jacklyn said...

Oh I love rainy days! I wish it would rain a little over here. Rainy days makes me wanna just relax. I love listening to the rain and reading a good book, crocheting or watching a movie.

Tina said...

When it's rainy weather outside, it's crafty weather inside! Paper crafting to be specific. :)

urban muser said...

rainy days = bad t.v.

AZCreativeStudio said...

I love rainy days and I dont get to enjoy too many of them in Arizona. :(

Patricia said...

Baking cookies, napping, drinking tea, knitting, sewing, reading are all superb while listening to rain hitting the roof and windows. But like you usually life calls first so if whatever can be squeezed in there is a bonus. Love your sock pic with the skull stitch marker!

ana said...

i also knit...or nap on rainy days. :D glad you are enjoying it. that stitch marker is awesome!

ColorSlut said...

Rainy days are for soup, spinning/knitting and snuggling with kitties!

JFibers said...

rainy days at my houseS are for hoping your basement doesn't flood... this sucks.....

Hannah said...

Oh I love your stitch markers, they kick ass! Mine are Japanese-style kitties... I love them so much, I'm almost afraid to use them.

Angela said...

aaaahhhh knitting and cocoa. I can't wait until it starts raining around here. Beautiful yarn on those socks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...