Thursday, October 07, 2010

Chocolate PB and J Cupcakes!

I haven't shared any food on the blog for a while, and these cupcakes are definitely worth sharing!  The idea for these cupcakes came from my own obnoxious sass, the husband and I went to a certain vegan friendly bakery in the area and tried a pb+j cupcake.  I thought it sounded like the best thing ever, but it was a huge disappointment.  The frosting only had a tiny hint of peanut better flavor, the jam was too thin, and I didn't like the cake.  So of course I had to make my own version:



Cupcake success!  I used my standard chocolate cupcake and peanut butter frosting recipes (one day I'll get around to putting together the recipe zine I keep thinking about, and those recipes will be in there for sure).  I also used thick and chunky strawberry preserves, yum!  Has anyone baked anything delicious lately?



-kala

13 comments:

Diana said...

Wow! These sound amazing. I can't even imagine being disappointed by something with peanut butter (but I guess if it's not very peanut buttery, that makes sense).

Zoe said...

Yum! They look delicious! I'll have to try it out next time I'm baking.

rachel danae said...

These look delicious, Kala! I'm hoping to make an apple crisp this next week, after going to an apple orchard... Yum.

affectioknit said...

YUM! I love PB&J and chocolate too! I made an almost fat free Chocolate Dot Pumpkin cake - I'm going to get a recipe up soon - it was so good - and I'm all about pumpkin this time of year...

ColorSlut said...

OMFG - I need the recipe. Delicious looking!

M.M.E. said...

Oh, my gosh! I'm going to have to make that!!! My boyfriend just made bagels for us and they're amazing!! Next on the list, cinnamon rolls from scratch. :)

Valerie said...

These look amazing!
I am inspired for sure.

Rachel said...

I loooove peanut butter! These sound delicious!

ana said...

this is my dream cupcake. :D looks so yummy!

Anonymous said...

Yes, PLEASE share the PB frosting!

veronica said...

Holy cow! Looks amaaaazing. :)

JFibers said...

Wow... that looks yummy. I made a Totinos pizza the other night that was good too....

elephantJuice said...

Oh wow, this looks delicious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...