Tuesday, October 12, 2010

DIY Halloween Series - Part 3 - Pumpkin Spice Muffins!








Today's post idea and pictures are from Julia from JF Illustrations on Etsy, thanks Julia!  Julia was kind enough to share a great recipe for pumpkin spice muffins that she's tried and this adorable picture of the finished goodies:



Cute, right?  She used this recipe from Choose Veg and baked the muffins in a silicone cupcake pan shaped like jack o lanterns.  She's tried the recipe using both canned pumpkin and fresh pumpkin, and both turned out great!  What do you guys prefer, canned or fresh?  I have to go with canned, it's just not worth all the extra work for me :)

-kala

9 comments:

veronica said...

These are so cute! I agree with you, I always go for canned, 'cause it still tastes great and it's SO much easier. But I give anyone props for doing it the old-fashioned way!

affectioknit said...

Super cute!

Amoronia said...

Lovely!!

mvegan said...

how cute and yummy!

urban muser said...

love the shape of these. so cute!

elephantJuice said...

Cute muffins! I love pumpkin spice. I'd have to go with fresh, canned pumpkin is almost impossible to find in the UK.

Claire said...

Very cute!
Mmm pumpkin spice sounds really good!

Rachel said...

Love it!

Hannah said...

Ack, I love it! I used to have pumpkin-shaped baking pans, but mine never actually came out looking like pumpkins... Just strange muffin blobs. Maybe it's time to invest in a new one that's better defined.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...